No Way to Spam - Search Tool

Friday, August 11, 2006

Fighting Spam!

I have got this clear email scam through 3 of my emails, addressing me by the same name I used when registered those 3 free emails accounts. This proves that this email I have received is 100% spam. I have never signed or have an account with this very (stupid) bank, if there's such bank by this name.

I received this email daily and didn't want to delete or block it using the two blocking systems I have, during that "scam observation period" which I give actually to every kind of spam I am receiving, to track its sources. The scam always goes this way:

Dear Customer,

Nationwide's Internet Banking, is here by announcing the New Security Upgrade. We've upgraded our new SSL servers to serve our customers for a better and secure banking service, against any fraudulent activities. Due to this recent upgrade, you are requested to update your account information by following the reference below.

Reference*
http:// w w w.nationwide .co.uk/update.asp?ID=3b89db2a6001ec93328d21e59a011b0a 25a

Regards
Customers Service
Nationwide Building Society

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't blame the bank - this is just a 'phishing' attack, hoping to get real bank customers to provide their details to a fake website.

Peaceful Blog said...

I don't...'nd yes it's phishing!

Thanks for comment.

Anti Spam Followers! Say NO to Spam! Join the NO!

Fujitsu Computer Systems Corporation

Bookmarks

Add to Netvibes StumbleUpon Stumbleupon It AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Add2Netvouz

Feeds